Step 1: Connect your Android device
Launch FonePaw for Android and move into "Android Data Recovery" function. Then, connect your Android device to computer using a USB cable. Wait for seconds before the device is detected. Please note that if this is the first time you connect your phone to PC, drivers should be installed for the program to recognize your Android.
Step 2: Authorize your device
If you don't open the debugging on your phone, Android Data Recovery will prompt you to enable USB debugging on your phone.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" > Click "Applications" > Click "Development" > Check "USB debugging"
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check"USB debugging"
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" > Click "About Phone" > Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" > Back to "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB debugging"
Don't worry. It will not do any damage to your device. After you finish the steps, click OK on Android Data Recovery and tap OK on your device.
Step 3: Select the data types to scan
After the Android phone being detected by the program successfully, click the file types you want to recover and click "Next" to begin scanning.
Note: Before scanning, please make sure that the battery of your device is more than 20%.
Step 4: Choose files to recover
The scanning will take you a while and after that, the files under types you chose will be listed in detail. While previewing these files, you can mark down the files you need and click "Recover" button to retrieve them from your Android device to the computer.
1. How long does the recovery take & how many days old data can be recovered from Android phone?
Actually the time of recovery process and the number of data depend on lots of elements, e.g.: the phone model, phone storage and whether the deleted data is overwritten or not, etc. Thus, it takes you different duration to do recovery on different phones/tablets.
2. What Kind of Data Can Be Retrieved?
Contacts, Messages (text messages & attachments), Call Logs, Message Attachment, WhatsApp & WhatsApp Attachments, Photos, Videos, Audios, documents.
For more help, find what you need here >>
Ask firstname.lastname@example.org for help
Please sign in to leave a comment.