There are many Mac recovery tools capable of restoring lost files, but choosing the right one can be tricky. Here we will introduce the top 3 data recovery software on Mac for your reference.
Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is a free data recovery software, which can recover even those files that the macOS operating system can no longer see. For example, you can use it to recover files after emptying the Trash, accidentally formatting your USB flash drive, or downloading a malicious file from the internet and becoming infected with malware. The latest version of Disk Drill for Mac requires macOS X 10.8.5+ to work, but other versions are available for older Macs.
- Extra tools like Duplicate File Finder, Disk Health Monitor, Disk Space Analyzerand Emergency Recovery Boot Drive are are available for free.
- Recovery Vault is an advanced extra layer to the Trash Bin that keeps a reference to deleted data.
- Guaranteed Recovery is a background service that saves a copy of each file to a user-specified folder. Both data protection modules substantially reduce the possibility of permanently losing critical data.
- Many useful features available for free
- Great performance
- Supports for hundreds of file formats
- iOS data recovery takes some time to complete
- No option to scan only a single folder
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard enables you to recover documents, photos, music, videos, emails and more from your Mac and most storage devices due to deleting, formatting, virus infection, improper operation or other unknown reasons. It supports macOS 10.15 (Catalina) - OS X 10.9. There are three different versions: free trial, Pro and unlimited.
- It enables you to recover your files to a local drive, a connected external storage device, or cloud.
- It supports recovering data from Mac notebooks, desktops, hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, memory cards, digital cameras, etc.
- The free version allows you to perform free Mac data recovery if your lost files are within 2GB.
- It allows you to create a bootable USB drive that will recover data when your computer can't boot.
- Fast, reliable performance
- Recovers many files other products couldn't recover.
- Easy sorting of deleted files and specific file types
- Files that weren't recoverable were listed
- Trial version has limited options which is the only drawback.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery for Mac
MiniTool Data Recovery for Mac helps people recover files from your hard drive or an external drive. It can recover photos, music, videos, emails, documents, and other types of data from Mac or other common storage devices. The free version only offers support via email.
- This program can work to recover files in four different ways, including Undelete Recovery, Damaged Partition Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery, and Digital Media Recovery.
- The developer also offers commercial, enterprise and technician editions of the software.
- Supports for CD/DVD recovery
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- Free users can only recover 1 GB.
- Sometimes the recovered files are corrupted.
- It's hard to pinpoint a file because it's renamed.
- The monthly subscription is expensive.
Three software listed above have their own pros and cons. Which one do you think is the best?
Please sign in to leave a comment.