iPhone Data Recovery
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What's the difference between the trial version and the registered version of the program?
- The trial version and registered version are exactly the same product. The only functional difference between them is that the trial version can only scan iTunes backup files, iCloud backup files and iOS devices to preview the lost data but get them back. You need to pay for it to recover and save the scanned data to your computer in the last step.
That we provide the trial version for customers is to see whether the program can scan out their lost data or not. If our program can scan them out and show out, it means this program can help to recover what they want.
- 2. Under what circumstances can FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery work?
- Files are deleted accidentally from an iOS device.
Data is lost due to an inaccessible system.
Apple iOS system crashes.
iOS device is damaged.
Data is erased due to an iOS system upgrade, factory resetting, jailbreaking or reformatting.
iOS device is stolen/lost.
- 3. Is it safe to use this program?
- Yes, this iPhone data recovery is completely safe. Please rest assured that when you recover files, it will not rewrite or make changes to your devices.
- 4. iPhone Data Recovery System Requirements & supported devices
- Please click here to know the system requirements and supported devices.
- 5. Why do I need the latest version of iTunes to connect and scan my device?
- In order to keep your device compatible with this program, we recommend you to install the latest version of iTunes.
- 6. Why shouldn't I run iTunes when recovering files?
- To avoid covering the deleted data, please don't run the iTunes during the recovery.
- 7. Can iPhone Data Recovery recover audio files?
- At present, FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery supports to recover voice memos, voicemail from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- 8. Can I choose several items to recover at one time?
- Yes, it allows you to selectively recover data or recover all at one time.
- 9. For the existing files, can I preview and backup them to my computer?
- Yes, after clicking the category of the recoverable files, there is a button named "Only display the deleted item(s)". Turn it off to preview and back up the existing files and recover your lost/deleted data to the computer by clicking "Recover" button.
- 10. Can I use the program on two computers with one registration code?
- No, you can't. The code can be used for once only, so please register on the computer you frequently use.
- 11. Why can't I import recovered files to iOS device with iPhone Data Recovery?
- The main function of iPhone Data Recovery is to recover and back up lost data to your computer. But right now it doesn't support importing recovered files to Apple iOS devices directly. But if you want to import files to your iOS device again, we recommend FonePaw iOS Transfer, which can transfer the recovered files back to your device and manage contacts, music, photo, movies, etc. as well.
- 12. Why can't I find any data from “Recover from iOS Device” mode?
- After the data was deleted, any new operation to the device or new data is written to the device may cause the data to be overwritten.
If you had synced the iOS device with iTunes/iCloud before the data was deleted, you can choose the Recover from iTunes Backup File or Recover from iCloud Backup File mode to recover the data.
- 13. Why can't we find all of the deleted files?
- It is probably that these photos have been overwritten or damaged when new data written to the device. Once you realize you've wrongly delete some data, stop using your iOS device to avoid overwriting data.
- 14. Why do I fail to recover some photos?
- Please go to Q14 for details. Any operation to your device such as taking photos, sending/receiving photos will overwrite your lost data and make them unrecoverable.
- 15. What should I do if FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery do not detect my device?
- If your device can not be detected, you can refer to following steps:
1) Reconnect your device to computer.
2) Re-run iPhone Data Recovery program or computer.
3) Change other USB ports.
- 16. What to do if the program freeze or crash?
- You can deal with the matter with the following steps.
1) Close any anti-virus software that is running.
2) Restart your iPhone and computer.
3) Disconnect all other USB devices.
4) Reinstall this software and restart it.
If the problem still exists, please contact us at anytime.
- 17. What to do if I encounter the "failed to analyze"?
- Analyzing time depends on the quantity of files on your device. The more files your device has, the longer time it will take to analyze your device. If you encounter this situation, you can refer to following tips:
1) Unlock the device if there is Screen Lock password.
2) Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes. If there is any fault in iTunes it will impact the success rate of device analysis.
3) If your iTunes backup files have been encrypted, remove the password of the iTunes backup file.
4) Check your USB connection, disconnect and reconnect it, try an alternative USB port.
5) Restart your iPhone and computer.
6) Close any running anti-virus software.
- 18. How to fix it when the iPhone is stuck with white Apple logo?
- If your iOS device is stuck on Apple logo, you can refer to following steps to restore your iPhone and get it working again:
1. Run FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery.
2. Connect the device to your computer via the USB cable.
3. Press and hold Power and Home until the device resets.
4. When the Apple logo appears, release power button. Continue to hold the Home button until you see the prompt to connect the device to iTunes on the screen.
5. Unplug USB and reconnect your device.
6. Close FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery, see if your device works now. If not, try to manually flash the device with a firmware file.
- 19. The note "Apple ID or Password is incorrect" always exits even though I confirm they are right, how come?
- Actually once you have enabled "two-step verification" or "two-factor authentication" on iPhone/iPad, it is in need to turn them off and then you can sign into iCloud to go on recovery without fuss.
- 20. Why can't I register the program successfully?
- Here are some solutions you may need:
1. Please check and comfirm your email address and registration code whether you typed/pasted correctly.
2. Please check whether you download the correct version of program.
3. The installation and registration of program should be in the condition of Internet.
4. Any error message you got? If yes, send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org to analyse and solve.
- 21. Why I can't preview the lost videos with the free trial version？
- After you purchase the full version and save those found video files on your computer, then you can open and view it.
- 22. Why I got the thumbnails of photos and even videos with iPhone Data Recovery?
- Once your lost photos and videos are overwritten by new generated data, they are unrecoverable on this condition. iPhone Data Recovery can only get the thumbnails for you.
- 23. If I buy the wrong product by mistake, can I exchange it?
We offer two solutions for our customers if they end up with the wrong product accidentally.
1) We can provide you a 20% discount to purchase the correct product if you would like to keep the wrong product as well. Just contact us and we will get that set up for you.
2) You can purchase the correct product from FonePaw Store, and then contact us with the details of both orders. We can then assist and get the wrong order refunded back to you.
- 24. Can it load the encrypted iTunes backup?
- Yes, FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can read the encrypted iTunes backup files.
Copyright © 2017 FonePaw Technology Limited. All Rights Reserved.